< Back to index
I built the 404 specifically for the Eifel Scale Trophy in 2020, which ended up being cancelled because Corona virus. Here are the specs the build had to conform to:
- Vehicle scale must be no less than 1:10 and no more than 1:8.
- Only hard body, 3D printed, aluminium, etc. bodies allowed.
- No multi-axle steering allowed, and no DIGs.
- Vehicles must have a minimum of 2 forward-facing white lights, and two rearward facing red lights.
- Vehicles must have a full interior with dashboard, seats and a driver figure.
- Vehicle must be equipped with a winch and at least 2m winch line.
- Tyre height cannot exceed 105mm.
- Wheel height cannot exceed 1.9.
- Vertical space between the top of the tyre and the top of the wheel arch cannot exceed 2cm. This is measured on a fully-loaded vehicle, including battery.
- 95% of the tyre width/tread must be covered.
- Vehicle width may not exceed 225mm (just under 9 inches), measured at the rear axle.
- Recovery aids such as sand ladders, recovery straps or rope, ground anchors etc are to be stowed on the vehicle.
- A funtioning GPS device or a suitable smart phone app is required.
End of August 2020 I converted the Unimog into a tow truck for the JS Scale Experience in September. The beds are interchangeable. Might do a camper next 🤨.
Blueprints (click to enlarge):